Thursday, December 14, 2017
Support VentRadio
Interview

by -
0 0

EXCLUSIVE: ‘

  • Steve Harvey’s ratings for his new talk show Steve have been tanking due to his meeting with Donald Trump in January, sources exclusively told DailyMail.com
  • The comedian’s black supporters criticized the meeting but Harvey failed to properly address the backlash, resulting in poor ratings for his programs
  • The 60-year-old’s new show premiered on September 5 but ratings have already dipped and Harvey is turning on the president in effort to save his show 
  • He said about his meeting: ‘Meeting with Donald Trump was the worst mistake of my life. I should have never gone up there’
  • Harvey launched his new show because he broke off with his former producer after he wanted to move the production to LA and wanted a raise in salary 

Steve Harvey is attempting to save his new talk show by distancing himself from President Trump after his ratings took a hit due to fallout for taking a meeting with Trump in January, DailyMail.com has exclusively learned.

The 60-year-old relaunched his daytime show when his previous program was set to be canceled because the host refused to sign his contract because he wasn’t getting a raise and couldn’t move his show to Los Angeles.

As a result, Harvey’s talent agency decided to launch a new show, simply retitled Steve, for the comic based in Hollywood in an effort to keep the show going.

The retooled show premiered on September 5 after a few months of preparation, and both ratings and reviews for the program have been less than stellar.

Sources close to the production told DailyMail.com they believe the poor numbers reflect a fallout from Harvey’s black audience after he met with Trump in January.

Now Harvey is turning on the president in a desperate bid to save his show, recently proclaiming on his radio show: ‘Meeting with Donald Trump was the worst mistake of my life.’

Steve Harvey is turning on President Trump as a result of his dismal ratings for his new TV show, DailyMail.com has exclusively learned. The poor ratings are continued fallout from Harvey's fans from when the comedian took a meeting with Trump in January, a source said 

Steve Harvey is turning on President Trump as a result of his dismal ratings for his new TV show, DailyMail.com has exclusively learned. The poor ratings are continued fallout from Harvey’s fans from when the comedian took a meeting with Trump in January, a source said

In an effort to save his new  talk show, Harvey has attempted to apologize for the meeting, which did not go over well with his African-American audience. Harvey said: 'Meeting with Donald Trump was the worst mistake of my life. I should have never gone up there'

In an effort to save his new talk show, Harvey has attempted to apologize for the meeting, which did not go over well with his African-American audience. Harvey said: ‘Meeting with Donald Trump was the worst mistake of my life. I should have never gone up there’

A source close to the production told DailyMail.com: ‘People just hate the show. He wanted to do a late-night feel for the show, but he’s on a big stage with a desk and a lot of open space and nothing about the show is engaging or warm. People just aren’t into it at all.’

Harvey’s first daytime talk show, called Steve Harvey, premiered on NBC in 2012, boasting a strong 2.2 in ratings and was a solid performer for at least half of its run.

When the revamped show Steve premiered earlier this fall, the show debuted at a 1.8 but quickly dropped to a 1.4 in the ratings.

For the first time, his once popular talk show was being beat by Wendy Williams in the ratings and he’s neck and neck with Jerry Springer and Rachael Ray.

The source explained: ‘Steve could have continued to survive with the first version of his show with these ratings because the show was produced out of Chicago and was less expensive to produce.

‘But doing a daily talk show out of Los Angeles costs big dollars and with his current ratings, there’s no way in hell WME-IMG can continue to bleed money like this into a sinking ship.’

Harvey faced tremendous backlash from his TV and radio fans when he paid a visit to Trump Tower in New York City to meet with Donald Trump in January.

Video playing bottom right…

ExpandClose
A source said: 'This is the moment his brand took a hit. He had been through a few scandals before - the divorces, the Miss Universe Pageant and the Asian joke gone bad - but he had never faced the wrath of his core audience before, middle-aged African Americans'

A source said: ‘This is the moment his brand took a hit. He had been through a few scandals before – the divorces, the Miss Universe Pageant and the Asian joke gone bad – but he had never faced the wrath of his core audience before, middle-aged African Americans’

Several times over the past few weeks, Harvey has also addressed the Trump meeting while discussing Colin Kaepernick and the NFL controversy on his syndicated radio show

Several times over the past few weeks, Harvey has also addressed the Trump meeting while discussing Colin Kaepernick and the NFL controversy on his syndicated radio show

African-Americans were outraged by the images of Harvey being chummy with the then-President Elect and many called for boycotts against the comic.

Harvey was dismissive and defiant despite the backlash and lashed out at fans for challenging his decision.

The source said: ‘This is the moment his brand took a hit. He had been through a few scandals before – the divorces, the Miss Universe Pageant and the Asian joke gone bad – but he had never faced the wrath of his core audience before, middle-aged African Americans.

‘And unfortunately for Steve, he was too arrogant to realize the weight of his mistake and never made amends to his loyal followers for it.’

Since then, the ratings for Harvey’s game show Family Feud took a dip and the audience for his variety show Little Big Shots dropped almost by half.

But it wasn’t until the ratings for his revamped talk show started suffering did Harvey acknowledge his glaring Trump error.

During interviews to promote the show, he revealed that he regretted taking the meeting.

‘Here’s the crazy thing: I’m supposed to be on a boat for my 60th birthday, so my wife says, “Steve, just take off [and skip the meeting]. You’ll meet with him some other time.” God, I should’ve listened,’ Harvey told The Hollywood Reporter.

After suffering a torrent of criticism, Harvey released a statement explaining why he met with the newly elected President

After suffering a torrent of criticism, Harvey released a statement explaining why he met with the newly elected President

DailyMail.com previously reported that Harvey desperately wanted to move his daytime show to the West Coast because his third wife, Marjorie Harvey, wanted to live in Los Angeles to work on a TV career of her own.

She has branded herself as a fashion expert online and runs a website called TheLadyLovesCouture.com.

Several times over the past few weeks, Harvey has addressed the Trump meeting while discussing Colin Kaepernick and the NFL controversy on his syndicated radio show, The Steve Harvey Morning Show.

He told his listeners: ‘Meeting with Donald Trump was the worst mistake of my life. I should have never gone up there.’

For many former fans, Harvey’s about-face is falling on deaf ears because many of them feel it’s all self-serving now.

‘The research and the ratings line up, people who were once fans of Steve’s just aren’t anymore. The whole Trump ordeal was a wake up call for many of them and they’ve decided they just aren’t interested in him any longer,’ the source explained.

As a result of his TV talk show moving to Los Angeles, Harvey also had to move his morning radio show there as well.

Harvey (pictured with his wife Marjorie) explained: 'Here's the crazy thing: I'm supposed to be on a boat for my 60th birthday, so my wife says, "Steve, just take off [and skip the meeting]. You'll meet with him some other time." God, I should've listened'

Harvey (pictured with his wife Marjorie) explained: ‘Here’s the crazy thing: I’m supposed to be on a boat for my 60th birthday, so my wife says, “Steve, just take off [and skip the meeting]. You’ll meet with him some other time.” God, I should’ve listened’

His syndicator, Premiere Networks originally balked at the idea of Harvey relocating his radio show from its hub in Atlanta, although Steve broadcast from his TV studio in Chicago.

‘In radio, you syndicate east to west, not west to east. The idea that talent can be fresh and effective at 3am PT for the live audience at 6am ET is a big no-no in radio,’ explained a source with knowledge of the matter.

But Premiere Networks conceded to do the deal with Harvey only if he closed down his company Steve Harvey Radio and allowed them to take ownership of his morning show.

‘Now Steve no longer owns his show and all of the co-hosts and staff checks come directly from Premiere,’ shared the source.

Earlier this year, Harvey hired famed crisis expert Judy Smith to help overhaul his image, but apparently he took very little of her advice and continued to hold a grudge against the people who spoke out against him in a way that continued to anger his followers.

‘Now, Steve apparently realizes that despite his prior successes he’s lost a significant part of his audience and he’s working diligently to win them back over – whether they feel it’s genuine or not,’ the source concluded.

NBC and IMG will likely announce sometime in December whether the revamped version of Steve will return for season two.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5031621/Steve-Harvey-s-ratings-tank-Trump-meeting.html#ixzz4x3AIVWfg
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

by -
0 0

“So, how old were you when you first ate a butt?”

That’s a real question Sway asked Gabrielle Union during his radio show in a conversation about sexual reciprocity … a conversation that has everyone grabbing some Scope.

Gabby appeared on “Sway in the Morning” and talked openly about sex — and that’s when tossed salads appeared on the menu.

Dwyane Wade‘s wife says even though men will deny it, they enjoy a little backdoor love from women … and they’re singing a completely different tune in the bedroom.

Butt — it’s what’s for dinner.

by -
0 12

Aretha Franklin, the Queen of Soul, and beloved icon of Detroit, said she plans to close out her career where it began, in her beloved hometown.

In an exclusive interview Wednesday, Franklin said she plans to move from her longtime Bloomfield Hills home into a residence in the city of Detroit and open a nightclub where she will occasionally sing.

The 75-year-old Franklin, who announced her retirement earlier this year, said she had been talking to officials at Bedrock about the idea for a couple of years — and she has mentioned it in previous news interviews — but she’s tired of Think — ing about it and is ready to move.

“I’m interested in doing a small nightclub downtown, and he (Bruce Schwartz, Detroit relocation ambassador for Bedrock Real Estate Services) and I have been talking about this for a couple of years now…,” she said. “In my retirement plan, I’d like to have a small club here in Detroit.”

Bedrock President Dan Mullen said in a statement Thursday that the company “would love to work with Aretha, and we look forward to hearing her ideas for a club downtown.”

The name, the Queen said, is easy.

“It would be Aretha’s!”

“From time to time I would sing, and of course, I would have special artists come in to perform for the city that people in Detroit like —  Detroit favorites.”

Franklin said that while she would love to partner with Bedrock and was “talking to (Schwartz) about the possibility of Dan Gilbert” partnering with her, Franklin said she’s willing to listen to other possible investors as well. Schwartz could not be reached for comment.

Read more:

The move would be a new phase of a 57-year career that has seen Franklin record more than 100 singles that made the Billboard charts, including 17 Top Ten pop singles, 100 R & B singles and 20 No. 1 singles. She had the most Billboard Hot 100 hits of any female artist until Nicki Minaj passed her earlier this year (76 to 73, although the Queen is not done yet). Franklin had held that record for nearly 40 years.

Franklin said the club is part of a retirement plan that includes moving back into the city and finishing her new CD, which will be executive-produced by Clive Davis.

The singer told WDIV-TV in February that the CD,  with several tracks produced by Stevie Wonder, (who wrote my favorite Aretha hit “Until You Come Back To Me,”) was nearly finished and that this would be her last year of doing concerts.

She said she would do “some select things, maybe one a month, for six months out of the year” but that 2017 would be her “last year in concert.”

“I will be recording, but this will be my last year in concert. This is it,” she told WDIV.

As for the move, she didn’t disclose the location of her new residence, which she said was undergoing extensive renovations. But she said she’s getting ready for the return to the city where she grew up.

“I’m cleaning house,” she said. “I’m going to be moving back into Detroit, and I’m just getting things ready for that. My granddaughter just went to college, so I’m spending time with my grandchildren, and I’m also readying the new CD.”

Contact Rochelle Riley:  rriley99@freepress.com. Follow her on Twitter @rochelleriley.

 6LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

by -
0 13
By    |  August 2, 2017 8:20 AM EST  |   26

Bobby V -Photo Credit Jonell Whitt via Steed Media

Men going to transgender escorts is nothing new and in countries like Brazil, it is common practice. The recent scandal involving R&B singer Bobby V has drawn attention to men who choose to have sex with transgenders. Bobby V has stated that he did not know escort Reima Houston was a man and ran from the apartment when he realized this was the case. Some are disputing Bobby V’s claim that he did not know the person he was with was transgender. The debate as to what actually happened continues. Still, the incident has presented a topic of discussion many avoid. It appears that many men are choosing to have a transgender side chick. Whether for exploration or living a taboo alternative lifestyle, there are a variety of reasons men are choosing this option.

Madison Hinton, Transgender porn star and entertainment mogul (Photo courtesy of Madison Hinton)

1. Looks. According to porn star TS Madison during an interview with rolling out, looks do play a part. She stated, “I do not consider any heterosexual man that has an attraction to a transgender woman a homosexual. A transgender personifies a genetic woman, some say we over-exaggerate a woman because we go to the extreme of larger breasts, hips, and buttocks but at the end of the day we still look like women. We are the ones who put in the time to look like a woman. So, when a man is attracted to a transgender woman, he does not say, ‘Oh my God look at the good-looking guy.’ He’s looking and saying this is a beautiful woman. When you tell him you have male genitalia, it makes people label you gay. There are some men who will go through their relationship with transgender women and have nothing to do with the penis. But yet they want it to be there because it is taboo.”

2. Taboo sex: Some male customers enjoy the aspect of power and sexual domination that they may not receive from a female lover. In 2015, pro boxer Yusaf Mack, came out as gay and announced that he was looking forward to having a transgender relationship and exploring his sexual identity.

3. Pleasure: For some men, anal penetration is pleasurable and stimulates the prostate, known as the male G-spot. Last year, Amber Rose sent out a tweet about former lover Kanye West that read:

Twitter/@DARealAmberRose)

Even among heterosexual partners, some couples engage in what is known as “pegging“ where the man is anally penetrated by his female partner with a strap-on dildo or other sex toy. The whole purpose of this is to reach the male equivalent of the “G-spot” and has nothing to do with being homosexual. There are some men who are frustrated that they can not engage in this practice with their female partner and choose a transgender escort. Being able to engage in this behavior without emotional attachment through prostitution is an outlet for some men.

by -
0 13

Stokley Williams ran down Mint Condition’s successful discography during an interview with VladTV, and he revealed that the first album was actually the demo that a lot of labels turned down. He went on to explain that “Breakin’ My Heart (Pretty Brown Eyes)” was one of their biggest hits, but all the labels kept telling them that they didn’t have one hit on the demo.

Moving along, Stokley spoke about touring with Janet Jackson and Toni Braxton, along with putting out their hit song “What Kind of Man Would I Be,” which stirred up a lot of conversation about infidelity. To hear more of what Stokley had to say, including how their fourth album didn’t do as well as the group wanted, hit the above clip.

%d bloggers like this: